The New New — Issue Nine
In which we can see future movements built on the edges of heat, brightness, and, of course, an AI-influenced metaverse.
Image of piece by Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir (aka, shoplifter)
This irregular — and often irreverent — roundup of brand experiences, culture-driven experiments, and scoops of perception is back for the ninth time.
Let’s heat it up to power it up.
- AI Models, advertisers’ scandal-free darlings
- Lenticular Books, the first animated book of its kind
- Image Super-resolution, the stuff of movies, made real
- Whitest White, world record-breaking paint
- Body Heat Electricity, dancers provide the power for a nightclub
- Glowing Plants, now brighter and easier to recharge
- Potato Pal, a different home for selfies
- Isochoric Freezing, a revolution that also saves energy
- Virtual Blimps, custom-built for the metaverse
- Three T’s, turning moments into movements
If you have a new intrigue of your own or see something I missed, let’s discuss it here.
The New New will be back again (at some point).